Friday, March 27, 2009

Good thoughts....

So these last few days I've felt like a less than good mom. I actually cried about it on my way to work this morning. (ya...motherhood has made me surprisingly emotional!) Silly things like....talking on the phone with a friend for an hour on Wednesday night when Owen was just walking around the house doing nothing...and I really should have been playing with him. And then...again, being on the phone figuring some insurance/billing stuff out yesterday while I let Owen wander around the back yard (I was out there with him...but I wasn't really there)....and just being preoccupied with life...and dishes, and cooking and running around doing stuff that I want to do, instead of just sitting on the floor and playing with my toddler...like he really WANTS me to do How many times do I tell myself...that these days don't last? That someday it won't be me he WANTS to play with....someday he'll just tolerate me....love me...sure, I think he'll always love me...but we just get this teeny-tiny window of time where our kids want US. And I've been blowing it. I stumbled on this blog this morning...and especially related to this post. Thank goodness that Jesus covers it for us...thank goodness that each day I wake up I have another chance to do it better...and thank goodness that God gave me this kid...with the gorgeous smile and amazing spirit to remind myself how far I am from being anything good apart from the grace of God. Moms....go read this if you have time....I think you'll be blessed!

2 comments:

swonderful said...

I have moments where I feel like that, but then I think that it is actually GOOD for kids to be "bored" sometimes. It is good for them to play alone and not always with you. I think those times are good contrast and healthy for their little brains. It doesn't mean you're a bad mom, you know? You're a wonderful mom. You love your boy SO MUCH and he knows that. I'm going to read the blog you linked to now. :)

Anonymous said...

i am encouraged by this. i think you are fantastic mom. i know that someday i will probably feel the same at times despite my best efforts to not feel that way.
you have always been the wiser one. thanks for passing on the wisdom to a future emotional mom with occasional bad days :) i read this and leave encouraged.