Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Menu

Ok, so I've gotten really lazy about posting our menu's. Thanks to those of you who have said you have missed it :-) I've still been cooking...not as much...and not as many new things, but I thought I'd post what I'm trying this week, even though its mid week already!

Monday: Met a friend for dinner (Josh had a meeting...I get really lazy about cooking when he can't join us)
Tuesday: Pizza King (blech, but the boys love it)
Wednesday: Crockpot Chicken and Noodles. We will see how this comes out! I basically stole the ingredients from Tina's Chicken and Dumplings and instead of making dumplings, I'm just going to serve it with egg noodles. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works! So...I have a whole chicken to cut up when I get home...and I'll probably make some mashed potatoes.
Thursday: Pioneer Woman's Beef Enchilada's, rice and beans
Friday: Owen and I are on our own again....we might go to Chic Fila to play :-)
Saturday: Cookout at Caleb and Heather's
Sunday: Grilled Pork Tenderloin, some kind of potatoes (maybe cheesy) and a veggie!

Some yummy things that I've made recently are: homemade meatballs for spaghetti, and chocolate chip banana bread. I'll get the recipes up here shortly! :-)

Edited to Add: Ok everyone....first of all the chicken and noodles turned out awesome. I seriously followed Tina's recipe for her chicken and dumplings...except I just stuck everything in the crockpot for the day. I de-boned the chicken when I got home, made some egg noddles (not from scratch!)...threw it all together in a pot on the stove...and voila. It was good. The only thing I will do differently next time I make this is add LESS noodles...it wasn't brothy enough. I had PLENTY of stock, but I was thinking I would have too much, so I over compensated on the noodles.
Pioneer Woman's enchiladas were FANTASTIC. So good and worth the extra effort of making your own sauce, frying the tortillas and and coating them in the enchilada sauce! YUM! Of course Josh will have nothing to do with black olives or green onion, so I omitted these....still really, really good. You gotta try it!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Oooh, I'll be waiting for the chocolate chip banana bread recipe! I have a chocolate chip zucchini bread recipe that's the BEST...I think chocolate chips are the missing ingredient for banana bread.