Wes hates tummy time. True story. I can't stand it. I make him do it maybe three times a week and can only take the desperate screaming for about 2 1/2 minutes. I think he'll be fine. He holds his head up no problem.
Owen still refuses to poop in the potty. True story #2. There is nothing I can do about this. There is nothing Josh can do about this. No amount of laxatives, enemas, discipline, positive reinforcement, rewards or star wars toys withholding can inspire him to consistently poop somewhere other than a diaper. I need therapy. Owen might need therapy. I KNOW Josh needs therapy over this. We give. I imagine someday (hopefully before he is eight) he will sit on the toilet and POOP. Voila. Jesus give us strength.
January is kind of a bleak month. True story #3. There just isn't a lot of fun things about January. Except Josh's birthday. We took the night off from being parents (I mean, we took about 5 hours off from being parents) last Friday night and had massages, went for dinner, and ended up at....Babies R Us. Something is wrong with this. :-) Oh well. Such is our lives. Happy 31 babe. You don't seem a day over 18 to me. hehe :-)
I turn 30 next month. True story #4. I'm trying to be happy about it. 30 is a frightening number to me. It just seems weird. Like...grown up. I don't know. I can't do anything about it....so I'm doing the best I can to make myself feel better. I'm doing The Shred with Jillian. I'm getting my toes and hair done. And I'm going to force myself to concentrate on the wonderful life I have had these last 30 years and NOT the fact that in ten years I will be 40. In general, I am a positive person. I'm just having a hard time with the number 30. And it is, after all, only a number
Not working is weird. True story #5. I don't like or dislike it. Its just weird. I'm certainly busy enough with the boys. Not bored at all. Sometimes I miss being in the office, chatting with my co-workers about non-important things, but mostly I'm thankful that I don't have to stress about getting to work and raising two children. Staying home with them full time is for them...not for me. Its about them. Someday they won't need me like they need me now, and I need to remember that. (and try not to cry about it :-))
1. Wes is sick. I took him to the pediatrician on Monday and his right ear was infected, he had a mild case of bronchitis and both of his eyes were infected. What in the world. I promise I'm breastfeeding. Really. I am. He has been on amoxicilan (sp) since Monday and seems to be much better. Also, with clothes on, he weighs 13 lbs 10 oz. This child is a chunky monkey. I love it.
2. We've been talking about putting our house on the market. We THINK we will wait till next summer though. Like summer 2012. Weirdly, I love our small little home. I do not love our neighborhood, but I do love our home. Its cozy. Its where we brought both of the boys home and it just feels right. But, we are out growing it and we need to think about where we want to send the kiddos to school. So, we are casually looking. We will probably go north (like Carmel, because I don't think we can live in Zionsville for less than $400,000) because we would like to be closer to church.
3. Unless something weird happens, Owen is going to pre-school at Traders Point Academy in the fall. We've signed him up for Monday-Wednesday-Friday for 9-12. I'm excited for him. I think he'll love school . We are waiting on a final acceptance letter. We are pretty confident that he will get in. :-) To date, his record is pretty clean :-)
That's all for now! I'll be back in February with something to chat about probably. Maybe some cute Valentine pictures to put up or something! Hope the remainder of your January is happy...and filled with less snow..you know...less snow than we have now :-)
Edited to add: And just to make me look like a complete fool, Owen came home from Cubbies tonight and pooped in the potty. Whatever. :)
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Oh sweet baby boys. These days don't last. So I'll spend some extra time smelling your sweet baby head and listen to you tell me about your favorite part in Star Wars one more time. I'll answer why and I'll explain a concept over and over again. I'll rock and bounce and swing you back and forth in my tired arms...because you won't be mine to hold forever. Every time I'm tempted to be tired or overwhelmed (or cranky), I tell myself again...these days don't last. And still, I won't get it right every time. I'll get crabby, I'll let being tired/busy/consumed be more important than these sweet moments. But know, oh please know that you are my heart. You are everything I ever wanted. And boy(s), :-) Do I ever love you.
"Let the world stop turning
Let the sun stop burning
Let them tell me love's not worth going through
If it all falls apart
I will know deep in my heart
The only dream that mattered had come true
In this life, I was loved by you"
Monday, January 10, 2011
Isn't that the name of a show? Or a book? Or something?
Anyways. :-) We are all doing pretty well. Just cruising along....me trying to shower daily, keep my children clean, cook meals (clean up meals) and maybe (MAYBE) put away some laundry.
Owen is busy as ever. Three year olds have lots and lots of energy. Lots. Really. :-) He's a great kid. He is really into Star Wars (thanks dad) and cleaned up in that department at Christmas! We've been working on a few small school things at home. Writing his name, learning his birthday and mom's cell phone number (since we don't have a home phone....weird. What kind of world are we living in anyways!?) and being more consistent on working on Cubbies stuff (he has a bible verse to learn every week and an activity in his workbook to do).
Some interesting things he has asked me lately:
- Where does God live? (A. Heaven); Isn't God with me though? (A. YES! satisfied him for now...not ready to explain omnipresence :-))
- How did Wes get out of your belly (A. Mommies have a special place where babies come out of); Where is that place (A. On mommy's body below her tummy....as I pray for this answer to satisfy him....and IT DOES! Thank you Jesus :-))
- What does "kill" mean? (A. long long pause from me.....um.....it means to hurt someone really bad so they aren't alive anymore. And when you aren't alive anymore it means you died. That's why its not nice to say "I killed you!".) What does "died" mean? (A. It means that the person doesn't live on earth anymore and they can't talk or walk around anymore. Sometimes when people die they go to live in heaven. AHHHHH. I need a book that tells me how to answer all these questions!)
Wes is wonderful. He's really growing into a darling baby. He is sweet, he is happy (except when its dark in the car and he has spit his paci out. this situation is a recipe for serious unhappiness for Mr. Wes) He turned three months old yesterday and at his well baby check up (on 1.7) he weighed 12 lbs 9 ounces and was 26 inches long. His weight has tapered off to the 33% but he was 59% for height. Basically, he looks older than three months to me....but he isn't chunking out as much as he was right at the beginning of his life. He is still nursing every 2-3 hours during the day, but in general he sleeps all through the night...except every once in awhile when he decides that he needs a middle of the night snack :-) He still really, really loves me. Which I find adorable. He definitely has my heart. He likes to hold my hand when I'm nursing or just sitting with him...and really, he's much happier if I am within eye sight. He is in a pretty good pattern of eat, pee/poop, sleep, play during the day. We love him. A lot. I don't remember life without him. Also, he loves Owen. LOVES him. Completely gets excited when he comes into the room. Its great!
Josh is back at soccer. Kind of. He's coaching indoor two nights a week for club and I think games and tournaments will start in March. School seems to be going well for him and I think he really enjoyed his two weeks of Christmas break :-) Over break we got his office done...FINALLY....and he enjoys hanging out in his new leather lazy boy reading or napping.
And me...well, I'm trying really hard to build routine into our lives. Its still pretty difficult with nursing still taking up a lot of my time. My goal is to cook more, bake more and new things...not the same ole, same ole'. I'm also hoping to be consistent with spinning classes (still trying to line up a babysitter, ugh) to get into a book club and for my own devotions I'm enjoying getting into a new book called "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.
Again...pictures...they are on facebook. I know you can find me there. :-) No one reads this that doesn't also have facebook. Going to try and do a better job of blogging about my kiddos and keeping up with things here on blogspot. Its good for me to go back and remember what has happened. That's about it for now! Happy 2011!