Friday, March 27, 2009

Really Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Ok, so my co-worker's sister is starting chemotherapy for breast cancer, so I wanted to bring her in something yummy and comforting to recover on. I have a really good banana bread recipe, but it calls for buttermilk and I didn't have any on hand and REALLY REALLY didn't feel like running out to the store for what seemed like the 10th time this week just for buttermilk. So I seriously googled "really good banana bread" and this is the first site that popped up! My mom would be so proud that I'm perusing home schooling websites! (sorry mom, I'm still not gonna homeschool Owen! Its just not my thing!) :-) Ok....this banana bread was AWESOME. And the chocolate chips (I actually used chocolate chunks because that's what I had on hand) ...whoa baby. It was good. It might, MIGHT be replacing my old recipe. Just be aware that the bread is SUPER moist....but everyone at work RAVED about it (and someone asked me if I would start baking things in exchange for money! Hmmm...something to think about!) Anyways...give it a try. You won't be dissapointed!

3 c. sugar 3 eggs 1/2 tsp. vanilla 3 c. bananas, or more (I use 5-6 bananas) 2 tsp. soda 1 1/2 tsp. salt 3 1/2 c. flour 1/3 c. water 1 c. oil 1 tsp. cinnamon 1 c. chocolate chips (we do chocolate chips instead of nuts) I mixed the wet ingredients first, combined the flour, soda, salt separately. Add dry to wet. Stirred in chocolate chips last. Makes 2 large loaves of bread. Put in 2 greased and floured loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (definitely err on the side of more time...its so moist anyways...I did maybe a little more than an hour)

1 comment:

Christie said...

Wow! With an intro like that, I HAVE to try it! (= Thanks for posting! I'm about to head over to my blog and post the zucchini bread recipe.