Saturday, January 31, 2009

Menu for 2/2-2/6

And since I've just made my grocery list and gone through recipes I'll post my anticipated menu for the week:

Monday: Roasted Flank Steak with Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and green beans (a new one...I'll let you know how it turns out!)
Tuesday: Out
Wednesday: Chicken Tortilla Soup and Cornbread
Thursday: Lasagna with garlic bread and salad (I think this lasagna recipe was my first "real" attempt at cooking. I found it at www.allrecipes.com when I was in college and I've tweaked it a bit over the years...but its pretty fantastic. My fam prefers the cottage cheese to the ricotta cheese lasagna)
I'll stop there...I'm not sure what the weekend holds but I'm not planning on cooking! :-)

Edited to add: Ok, I recommend the flank steak. Maybe I just got a really good cut of meat (thanks to Marsh at Traders Point), but it was really really good. The rub added a great flavor but out of habit we still dipped our bites in A1 :-) I screwed up on the slow cooker potatoes because I didn't have any cream of ANYTHING so I had to substitute. They were just OK. I'm sure they would have been fine if I had the right ingredients. GRRR. :-)

No comments: