Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A late New Years Resolution Post

"Savior"

I have seen with my own eyes Your faithfulness O God
So I refuse to believe the lies that war against my soul

You rescued me from all my fears
And loosed the chains of wasted years

You’re my Savior, Restorer, Rebuilder, Rewarder,
My Refuge, Redeemer, Defender, My Healer, Savior

Now my heart is overwhelmed by all sufficient grace
For I have seen my weaknesses become Your perfect strength

You’ve rescued me from all my fears
And loosed the chains of wasted years

Behold the One who holds me in His hands
The God who comes and turns my mourning into dancing


How great is this new song we learned in church on Sunday? I love it and I'm kind of making it my creed for 2009. There are so many changes I want to make, but mostly I'm calling it a determination to " live life well". Which means many different things...putting off things that I've been holding on to for too long, choosing to believe the promises that God has given to me and living them out, eating better, exercising more, getting up early to do my devotions, NOT wasting hours of my life in front of the TV! The list goes on, but in general I've not made too many specific goals. Thankful for another new year...another chance to get it right...or at least do it better than I have before. Looking forward to seeing where God takes you all in 2009.... :-)

No comments: