Friday, January 30, 2009

A cute snapshot of Owen and Jon (Gross). We visited them in Xenia this past weekend and had a great time. (even though Heather and I STILL lost to the guys at euchre. Darn!) Owen's big thing is walking around and holding someones hand...Jon graciously obliged and walked him around their house several times. We also had a good time visiting my brother Curt. He met us in Dayton for lunch and even hung out at the mall with us for awhile (sorry no, picture) :-)



Owen and Josh...probably watching Jeopardy. (its the only TV we let Owen watch...we figure it boosts his brain power. ha. just kidding. Don't worry, we let him watch fun kid shows too.)


Owen trying to play the Wii. He thinks he is really good :-) We indulge him; why not?!


Upside down Owen....and the O-man givin' some love to his daddy (or "Jawsh!!!" as Owen likes to call him!)




Nothing much new going on in our little corner of the world. I would tell you about the snow...but I imagine all of you already know about that (Josh got two snow days and my office even closed...whoa!).......we've been snuggling at home trying to keep warm and hanging out with some good friends, playing games and watching our kids run around like crazy people :-)
I continue to cook and bake...I've had some successful meals this week (slow cooker chicken salsa
and chicken and dumplings) I really recommend these....Josh was even excited about these meals, so you know they had to be pretty good! My downfall in baking came with chocolate peanut butter rice krispie bars. I just didn't get them right. I'm not quite ready to write them off, but I'm not sure what happened. Oh well. I'm moving forward!

Owen had a check up with the Pediatrician on Monday and I'm happy to report that he looks great...little, but great. He hasn't gained any weight since the last time we had him in, actually it looks like he lost a little...but the last time they weighed him with all of his clothes and shoes on and this time he was a naked baby! Sooo....Dr. Skafish said he wasn't worried...but wanted us to come back in three months for a weight check. Some toddlers go through a growth spurt at this age and he wanted to check up on him. Otherwise...he is right on track...and I continue to appreciate having a toddler who is easy to pick up and can wear his clothes twice as long as any other kids :-)

The boys are out for the afternoon helping build shelves at Caleb and Heather's and I've been taking advantage of the quiet by catching up on bills, laundry....cleaning out the fridge...cleaning the floors...wow. Can my life get more exciting? Its about to people because I'm getting ready to go GROCERY SHOPPING! :-)

That's all for now...sending warm wishes your way!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You're hilarious--"can my life get anymore exciting!" I totally understand and thought the same thing last night, when I was excited to be putting new light bulbs in various places around the house. Funny the things that seem fun and exciting now, isn't it?! :) btw, we're going over to some friends' house for dinner tonight, so the chicken and dumplings is waiting until Monday. :)

Christie said...

Ha ha! Our boys LOVE the wii... (= Our four year old is better at bowling than I am, but our two year old is more like your Owen. He holds the controller and moves his arms, but doesn't really know what he's doing. He still beats us sometimes, though. He plays golfing target practice, and his swing is just right, so he hits the target almost every time. Go figure.