Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Great Ice Storm of 2011

So. The Great Ice Storm 0f 2011 came at a really good time for me. I went to the Dr. on Monday and have a raging sinus infection and pink eye. PINK EYE. Seriously? What adult gets pink eye? And, both eyes are affected. I look like I'm on cocaine. I can assure I am not. Having Josh home with me has been fantastic. I have felt SO BAD, but I would have just had to have felt bad and be a mom anyways since you know...its important for Josh to go to work. So, thank you ice storm. For coming at a time that I really needed my husband to not leave my side for 48 hours.

So far we have :

napped
played a lot of games on the Wii
watched a lot of the weather channel
watched for school closings
watched a lot of Curious George
pulled out all the blankets in our house (just in case)
folded a lot of laundry (ok, that's just me)
made cookies/eaten cookies
nursed a baby (again, just me...but still a significant part of my life so I had to list it :))
taken pictures of the ice (Josh gets this one)
boiled a chicken to help heal the sickies and potential sickies
read books
played star wars
and, wondered how many consecutive days we can spend in the house without going crazy

I have some cute pictures of the boys, but I'm not allowed to access our photos right now. Something about a birthday surprise that Josh is working on. You know, the birthday that I'm not celebrating in a few days :-)

No comments: