Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Four Months of Wes

Sweet, sweet boy. You are four months old today.
You weigh almost 14 lbs. You are about 26.5 inches long...and...I hate to break it to you, but your hair is still falling out. Its ok. You are still gorgeous.
You roll (back to tummy--this just happened a few days ago: 2.7.11 to be exact). You laugh :). You smile all the time...especially at mommy. You see, you love me. You are in love with me probably. You are back to waking up at 2 AM ...and I think its just to see me. You miss me when you are gone from me too long. That must be it. And...goodness gracious I will soak every second of it up. And, I will probably love you so much that no other woman will be good enough for you! :) (Ok, stealing a line from "Friends" here, and I'm kidding of course because that would be weird and of course I want him to find a wonderful woman to marry. Someday when I'm dead. Or something). You nurse every 3-4 hours during the day and wake up pretty consistently for a snack around 2 or 3 AM. I don't care one bit. You eat and go right back to sleep. I've never been one for schedules. You are only little once and you can make the rules for now. Now, when you are a willful toddler, the big people go back to making the rules :) You are no longer a newborn, and I keep getting told by your father that you are my last baby, so that makes me a little sad....but I am loving you as a baby who interacts with us a little bit more too. Just stop growing up a little, ok? Can we take it a bit slower? Please. Thanks!
Also, you figured out recently that you have a voice. You like to scream a little bit. And shriek. Its very funny.
January was a sick month for all of us. You are finally recovering from your ear infection with a second round of antibiotics. I'm still crossing my fingers that you won't have my bad luck...since I had so many as a child. You handled all the sickness like a champ, and really only wanted to cuddle and snuggle more...no anger or extra fussiness.
Baby Boy, we love you. We are so glad you belong to us. Here's to another fun month of growing and becoming even more lovable.

No comments: