Wednesday, January 26, 2011

True stories

Wes hates tummy time. True story. I can't stand it. I make him do it maybe three times a week and can only take the desperate screaming for about 2 1/2 minutes. I think he'll be fine. He holds his head up no problem.
Owen still refuses to poop in the potty. True story #2. There is nothing I can do about this. There is nothing Josh can do about this. No amount of laxatives, enemas, discipline, positive reinforcement, rewards or star wars toys withholding can inspire him to consistently poop somewhere other than a diaper. I need therapy. Owen might need therapy. I KNOW Josh needs therapy over this. We give. I imagine someday (hopefully before he is eight) he will sit on the toilet and POOP. Voila. Jesus give us strength.
January is kind of a bleak month. True story #3. There just isn't a lot of fun things about January. Except Josh's birthday. We took the night off from being parents (I mean, we took about 5 hours off from being parents) last Friday night and had massages, went for dinner, and ended up at....Babies R Us. Something is wrong with this. :-) Oh well. Such is our lives. Happy 31 babe. You don't seem a day over 18 to me. hehe :-)
I turn 30 next month. True story #4. I'm trying to be happy about it. 30 is a frightening number to me. It just seems weird. Like...grown up. I don't know. I can't do anything about it....so I'm doing the best I can to make myself feel better. I'm doing The Shred with Jillian. I'm getting my toes and hair done. And I'm going to force myself to concentrate on the wonderful life I have had these last 30 years and NOT the fact that in ten years I will be 40. In general, I am a positive person. I'm just having a hard time with the number 30. And it is, after all, only a number
Not working is weird. True story #5. I don't like or dislike it. Its just weird. I'm certainly busy enough with the boys. Not bored at all. Sometimes I miss being in the office, chatting with my co-workers about non-important things, but mostly I'm thankful that I don't have to stress about getting to work and raising two children. Staying home with them full time is for them...not for me. Its about them. Someday they won't need me like they need me now, and I need to remember that. (and try not to cry about it :-))

Of note:

1. Wes is sick. I took him to the pediatrician on Monday and his right ear was infected, he had a mild case of bronchitis and both of his eyes were infected. What in the world. I promise I'm breastfeeding. Really. I am. He has been on amoxicilan (sp) since Monday and seems to be much better. Also, with clothes on, he weighs 13 lbs 10 oz. This child is a chunky monkey. I love it.

2. We've been talking about putting our house on the market. We THINK we will wait till next summer though. Like summer 2012. Weirdly, I love our small little home. I do not love our neighborhood, but I do love our home. Its cozy. Its where we brought both of the boys home and it just feels right. But, we are out growing it and we need to think about where we want to send the kiddos to school. So, we are casually looking. We will probably go north (like Carmel, because I don't think we can live in Zionsville for less than $400,000) because we would like to be closer to church.

3. Unless something weird happens, Owen is going to pre-school at Traders Point Academy in the fall. We've signed him up for Monday-Wednesday-Friday for 9-12. I'm excited for him. I think he'll love school . We are waiting on a final acceptance letter. We are pretty confident that he will get in. :-) To date, his record is pretty clean :-)

That's all for now! I'll be back in February with something to chat about probably. Maybe some cute Valentine pictures to put up or something! Hope the remainder of your January is happy...and filled with less snow..you know...less snow than we have now :-)

Edited to add: And just to make me look like a complete fool, Owen came home from Cubbies tonight and pooped in the potty. Whatever. :)

3 comments:

Missy said...

This is funny. And very informative. Hoping spring happens very soon! And consistent pooping in the potty.

Jessica Bender said...

Lola hated tummy time too. And she still spits up when we put her on her tummy if it's within an hour from when she ate. You just go with it :) 30's the new 20 Baby!!! HA! I'm trying to embrace 30 (which will be next year for me). I'm telling myself it's all about how I feel and blah blah blah - I still have a year to work it out, but I'm thinking it's going to be great! :)

Corinne Taylor Montieth said...

True story--you are very very funny.

I'm glad you're my friend.