Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Randomness

First of all...I thought this was so funny :-)

I found this on a friends blog after she hadn't gotten comments for several days :-) I'm at peace with the whole "no commenting thing". I know lots of you read my blog and don't leave comments...no big deal. I don't always comment when I'm reading your blog either. Its cool :-) But I love blogging simply for the reason that it is a journal of my life...I did xanga for several years, and I love that I can look back and re-live my pregnancy and so many other fun things through my writings. So, I'm not going to stop writing just because I don't get comments. I love to write and pretend that other people love what I'm writing! ha ha! Because, lets be real, if you don't want to read the ramblings of my mind, you definitely don't have to.

I was just telling my mother in law that there seems to be so many people that are suffering from sickness these days. I was reading about a friend who lost one of HER friends just recently to an aneursym...while she was holding her baby. Uggh. I also stumbled upon the blog of a "friend of a friend" who lost their infant to a seizure months ago, and now her huband has a brain tumor. Double Ugggh. This morning, I'm following baby Stellan's blog like so many others...we are waiting to hear good news about his heart surgery. I love how the blogging community connects us all together as believers, and friends in Jesus. I love, love LOVE that. Anyways, all this is reminding me that this world is full of pain and suffering...but John 16:33 reminds us; "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." The fight has already been won. For those of us who are "in Christ Jesus" we can rest easy. I'm so grateful for that.

All this to say, I'm reminded once again to be very grateful and very conscious of every good and perfect gift that has been given to me...and to be generous with my time and resources so that they could be used to bless those who are suffering.... because someday it will be me...not COULD be me...but will be, I'm sure of it. Pay it foward...pray and do for those who are in need....be generous. I'm praying that my life will reflect this!

Lastly, a congratulations to Josh and Amanda Owens on the birth of their baby girl! They are the first in a long line of a baby boom in our circle of friends that is about to occur. From now until September there are about 10 babies coming into our world...and I can't wait to get my hands on them! YAY for new life!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Well. I love you and your blog. Even if I don't comment. Have fun with the almost two year old O man this weekend! I miss you :)

Boothbloggers said...

that sticker is hilarious!! and I LOVE your blog! you are what turned me on to blogging....i loved reading yours so much that i thought, i should be legit and do one myself. keep it up and i'll try to comment more, b/c comments really do make my day too!!
love ya!