Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Was that a compliment?

I work for the Department of Ophthalmology here on IUPUI campus...specifically in the area of Glaucoma. There are several of us here in the offices ranging from Administration (me), Clinical Physicians and Research Assistants, Ph.D's in research...etc...etc....its a fun group for the most part. Somtimes I consider the humor to be pretty dry....I mean Ophthalmology? Glaucoma? Research? Blah. Not something terribly exciting. But, someone has to practice it, study it and perform research I suppose!
Anyways, one of the guys who just completed his PH.D in research was walking by our offices yeseterday and popped his head in my office to say hi...on his way back he stopped and said..."You hair. Hmmm. Something different". I reply.."Yes, something different". :-) To which he replies, "You know how I noticed? I noticed because I thought, Kim, she looks better today". Hmmm. Thanks Brent! Geez! Oh well. Leave it to the nerdy research guys to not be so swift with the words. I think I'm going to take it as a compliment after all!

4 comments:

ForSuchATimeAsThis said...

~I think we need to see a picture of the new hair :) Hope things are well for you guys and that you're enjoying this beautiful weather!!~

Boothbloggers said...

Funny.....that sounds EXACTLY like something Brent would say. But I'm sure in his mind, it was a compliment. :) Can't wait to see the hair!
:)Kristy

swonderful said...

Haha... I want to see the new hair. And I still have your dishes. We need to fix that!

Christie said...

Ha! That's funny! I had a friend in college who would always say things like that. I learned to let those comments just roll off... (= At least he liked the new style, huh? (=