Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I love Fall

Its true. I love fall. I love fall way more than I love summer. Thats just the kind of girl I am. During my undergrad years at Grace I dreamt of moving out to the east coast (Maine) to do graduate work. I even applied to their graduate program. Alas, God had other plans for me and I spent one glorious year in Grace College's MA of Counseling program being taught by what I have come to consider the best teachers of biblical counseling ;(um, let me clarify, I'm talking about Jesus centered counseling--but not necessarily nouthetic counseling), Dr. Tammy Shultz, Dr. Tom Edginton and Dr. Mike Grill. Ooohhh....the things God taught me that year.....good, good stuff. I've come to believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that my year there was so divinely appointed....I needed those classes to face what I would have to face in the coming years. Praise God that I didn't end up at the Unviersity of Maine...because Grace College was SO where I was supposed to be! I miss my time there soooo much. But, I digress.
I love fall. I love all things fall. I loved that it was 60 degrees when I got in my car this morning and I celebrated with a hot chocolate from Starbucks. (yes, I'm 12 and I don't drink coffee, just hot chocolate thank you!) I love that I'm wearing a sweater, jeans and flip flops today (Yes flip flops. I don't give them up until there is snow on the ground!) I love that when I went out to grab a sweet tea at lunch today I was met with a burst of fresh crispy air. I love that there are leaves on the ground and that the trees are starting to change. I really do get too carried away, don't I? And...its early yet. Summer weather could really be back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
We had a lovely weekend. We didn't have anything to do! When does that ever happen? We spent Saturday lazying around the house and then we went to Zionville's Fall Festival. Owen rode a pony and pet some goats. We have pictures, I'll post them soon. We also played at the park. It was a great day for family fun :-) On Sunday we had church (another rough time in the nursery for Owen...but hey...he made it!) and then small groups that evening. Lastly we celebrated the official kickoff of the Colt's football season with a get together at Caleb and Heathers for chili and a chance to watch the game on a the big screen. It was lovely....even though the Colt's lost. :-(
Anyways....I just wanted to celebrate what feels like the first day of fall. I'm still waiting on putting on my pots of mums and pumpkins, but you can be sure that it won't be far off!
Happy Day everyone!

P.S. Josh's soccer team moved to 5-0 on Thursday evening with win over Perry! Tonight they are playing Decatur Central. We'll keep you updated! (I'm thinking it would be fun to have an undefeated season! Although that might not be possible since we play Westfield on Saturday. Yikes. They always scare me)

1 comment:

lsharbaugh said...

I'm a fan of fall too. I've missed it for the last three years. What do you think it will be like in two weeks when we're home? I'm going to need a weather update so I can figure out what to pack for all FOUR of us! Augh :) (Can you believe that this is the beginning of my fourth year in Florida - wow)