Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Whoops

The differences between the first child and second child in our house amuse me sometimes. For instance: I followed every single parenting guideline presented to me by my pediatrician with Owen. (I mean, for the most part) With Wes, not so much. The other day, Wes toddled over to Owen's cup (which had a lid with a straw) and partake of some good ole'....cows milk. Gulp. Yep. Not so much supposed to have cows milk until you are one years old these days. He didn't drink a little...he drank like...all of it. A big cup of it.... In about 14 seconds. And just now, I momentarily lost my mind and filled his little sippy cup with...yep. Cows milk. So, I guess he's drinking cows milk now :) Just a little shy of his 10 month birthday. I'm guessing he'll survive.
(still breastfeeding too....trying to figure out how much longer. We'll see. Josh and I booked a vacation to Maine for just the two of us at the end of October so we'll have to be done by then I suppose!)

2 comments:

Gina Miller said...

We started Evan on Whole milk at around 10 months and he survived. The bottles became a thing of the past and I was SO happy to not have to clean them anymore.

The Brown Family Blog said...

Oh good , Gina :) Glad to hear it! I think we are weaning (slowly maybe) over here...I'm not going to stress about it. I'm sad to be leaving the baby stage, but not sad about all the work it involves!