Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It is finished.

Nursing my baby that is :) Silly to blog about it, but I wanted some kind of record :) I've spent the last three weeks or so trying to outlast my maniac of a ten month old. I've mostly gotten screaming and hitting when I've tried to nurse him...not so much fun for me...so I mentally decided I would keep offering until he flat out refused me...and that happened yesterday. Today we woke up and didn't nurse at all and its been fine. I really wanted to make it to a year, but 10 months and three weeks is really close. I'm ok with it. (but sad because he's my baby and its something only I have been able to do for him for the past 11ish months!) I'm also really happy about how it all went. I've been on both sides of the breastfeeding spectrum. I had a terrible time with Owen. I mostly pumped for four months and bottle fed him breast milk before quitting altogether. Wes on the other hand has always been a boob man. :) Latched on perfectly after birth and we didn't look back. Not a single problem. I'm so glad God gave me the opportunity to see things from both sides. Its given me empathy when I hear about other people struggling with breastfeeding--I know the struggles are real. I've been there. And on the flip side, God gave me a wonderful nursing relationship with Wes...something I really, really desired. So thankful he fulfilled that desire!

No comments: