Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bell-Bells and other Owenisms

Owen calls door bells, bell-bells and I think its really cute, and I know I'll forget it so I wanted to write it down.

He can also sing the entire song "Jesus Loves Me" except when it comes to the part where it says "little ones to him belong" he says, "little ones to be him long"....again, its just really cute.

He called grapes "beeps" for a really long time. He doesn't anymore of course, but I don't think I wrote that one down either, but I'd really like to remember that one too.

We've been talking a lot about Jesus and bible related stories lately. I bought him a fairly reasonable Children's Bible after Christmas and while I haven't been perfect about it, we generally read from it before nap or bed at least 4-5 times a week. Recently we spent a lot of time reading about Joseph and his amazing coat. Somehow Owen got more focused on Joseph's brothers, and now when he is playing he says that he is one of Joseph's brothers and he is going to throw Joseph into the well. Hmmmm......ok. Well, at least he is paying attention?!

Our conversations about Jesus usually include how Jesus lives in Heaven, how much Jesus loves Owen and how Owen wants to fly like a bird to see Jesus in heaven, and that someday he will probably ("probably" is one of his favorite words right now) be able to fly. He will say: "someday mom, someday when I'm bigger, I will be able to fly". Ok Owen, but Jesus didn't make it so boys and girls, or mommies and daddies can fly. Birds can fly because they have wings, but we can't. Unless we fly on an airplane. "Someday mom. Someday". :-) Its cute.

Lastly, on the cuteness factor, explaining that there is baby in mommy's tummy is seriously confusing to Owen. We showed him a picture of our ultrasound and he asked us why the baby was black :-) Josh and I about died right then and there! Of course we explained that this was just a picture and when the baby comes out of mommy, he/she won't be black. Owen often asks me when I will be going to get our baby and if the baby has to live with us. :-) I tell him that after summer is over our baby will be born, and yes, our baby will have to live with us....in fact, the baby will have to sleep in Owen's crib. "Ok mommy. I can share".

He's the cutest of the cute. In between the whining, the throwing toys (this is a new one...."Buzz Lightyear has to FLY mom!"), testing the waters of disobedience....etc....I know for sure that my kid is pretty awesome. I'm a blessed Momma. Can't wait to see what our new little one will be like. Hopefully the terrible morning sickness that I've been enduring is no indication of the temperament he/she will have :-)

1 comment:

Boothbloggers said...

Aw-Kimmie-he is so darn cute! i love these Owenisms! thanks for sharing them. :) i hope you start to feel better soon! remember-you will soon forget this feeling and probably even get pregnant AGAIN!! :) funny thing, that mind! i've already forgotten.... :)