Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby Brown #2

Its a totally different pregnancy. Not that I didn't partially expect that, but I was of course hoping that I would get a repeat of Owen. Oh no.
Sickness came for me at about week nine.

I had a 12 week check up on Monday and I was down on weight (not really a big deal in my case) but I was severely deyhydrated and my thyroid levels still looked bad. So....I was given Zofran, and they've upped my synthroid again. Zofran...not a huge fan. I tried it, didn't seem to help so I doubt that I'll be using it again unless I'm severely desperate.

In happier news, Baby Brown #2 SOUNDED good. It took FOREVER, and I mean FOREVER for my OB to find the heartbeat...and I thought I was going to get another ultrasound out of the whole deal...but she ended up finding BB2 nestled on the left side of my belly. Heartbeat was fine....weirdly I was measuring "small" (like they really have a clue about that right now) so my due date was moved back a date....to 10.10.10! ha. Really though...like that means anything. I'm sure it will change 50 times before BB2 is born!

My next check is in another four weeks...but its just a heartbeat and measuring check (where I'm sure the due date will be adjusted yet AGAIN :-)) and then the fun ultrasound will be at the end of May. (where I will be closing my eyes until the technician says its ok to look because nothing will out the sex of BB2! :-)) I threaten all the nurses and technicians within an inch of their life if they let the sex slip...so they are plenty afraid of me by now! If they ruin my surprise, I will SUE! That's right!

Ok....well...that's it. Just trying to stay documented. I'm sure this was riveting reading for you all! Happy Wednesday!

Also. BB2=Baby Brown #2. Just in case you didn't catch on. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had my thyroid medicine upped 3x since being pregnant, and I can tell that it's still not the right dosage, but it's getting better. And at my last apt just past 16 weeks I was still under my starting weight and the dr told me to start putting on a lb a week. Now I'm feeling SO much better and I'm kind of nervous about how much I'm going to weigh at my next apt in a week and a half, because I KNOW I've been eating more! :) Glad overall that things are going well for you!! You'll be out of the sickness before you know it! I can't believe that in a few days I'll be halfway to meeting this baby!! :) It's flying!

Jessica Bender

Caleb and Heather said...

If it gives you any hope, my sickness with Bailey stopped right at 14 weeks! I got paranoid b/c it just stopped. Once I knew she was still ok, I was very relieved to be able to eat again...even to be able to picture eating again! Hopefully this stage will be over soon for you!