Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Thankful List

"If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily." ~Gerald Good

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.” — Denis Waitley

Here are a few (big and small) things that I'm really thankful for this year:

1.Owen and Josh. They are my family...my two best boys.... two of the greatest loves of my life. Being a wife and mother is no easy thing. Josh and I are DAILY trying to figure out how to love each other better and to just....get it right! Its hard! (but worthwhile of course :-)) And parenting...we are in the thick of toddlerhood...which means discipline. Yuk. Most days are wonderful, but I have moments that I just want to cry about it all! Praying that consistency pays off down the road! At the end of the day...I'm doing what I dreamed about doing for years. I'm a wife and I'm a mother. I can't ask for much more than that!

2. Sweet Tea! (its probably rotting my teeth, but I still really love it and the favorite part of my work day is walking over to get my sweet tea at McDonalds :-))

3. Our church and small group. We love, love, love College Park. Its taken a few years, but we are finally feeling like we have found our groove in ministry....and if we get there early enough, we can find people that we know and love to sit with during service! We love our new Pastor, who speaks truth and brings it HARD every Sunday. So thankful for that! Our small group meets twice a month and they have become some of our closest and dearest friends. So thankful to share the journey with others who walk similar paths!

4. Good music, candles and cooking! I love to turn up some John Mayer, light a few candles and try a new recipe. I've really gotten into baking and cooking this past year.....I'm set on being the mom with the best chocolate chip cookies! (which won't happen because I've shared the recipe with too many other people now! :-)) Its ok....sharing is better! :-)

5. Grace. I mess things up in my life....a lot. I am immensely grateful for a loving and personal God who COVERS my life in mercy and grace. I am in constant need....and the more grace I receive the more I know that I have to pass it on.

So many things to be thankful for this year. It is so good for my soul to sit down and really think about how we have been provided for and graciously given more than we need in the past year. I hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with friends and family!

1 comment:

ForSuchATimeAsThis said...

Even though I don't post any longer (someday I hope to pick it back up) I still love reading about your daily life!! Thanks for posting the things you're thankful for this year - it blessed me. Sometimes in the midst of all the chaos of life, whether the joyful moments, or the moments that are so painful that it's hard to breathe in, we forget about the simple joys of life and that God provides abundant grace each day, especially the days that we don't deserve it. (wow run on sentence!) So thank you for sharing friend :) I'm blessed to read about your thankfulness and I hope you have a Wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends!