Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We are back from our Smoky Mountain Excursion. It was hot. And I mean, really, really hot. Seriously I know I complain about Indiana Summers, but I don't think Indiana has anything on the southern states. It was also really pretty. The view from our cabin/chalet was amazing. We have pictures. Somewhere. Probably still on our camera. I'll get them up sometime.

We leave for Florida in six days. SIX DAYS people. I can hardly stand it I'm so excited. We plan on alternating between naps, beach and pool. And they may not know it yet, but we are going to play euchre. A lot. Because Curt and Laura are my favorite people to play euchre with. There. I said it. Get ready guys! (and don't even think about trying to get me to play Settlers of Catan or some other weird game...we are playing EUCHRE! EUCHRE I say!) :-)

Owen is a blast right now. Seriously, he is my favorite kid ever, and I guess that's a good thing since he's mine. But honestly, aside from the SELDOM temper tantrum and occasional trip to the bathroom (when we are in a public place) in which I must remind him sternly to obey lest he receive a spanking......he is great. I love this age. He is talking. I mean really communicating with me. He gets things. I love it. I miss my "baby" but this is fun too. We've been reading books about going potty. Oh dear. I'm thinking that when we get back from Florida I will buy him a potty seat. I'm pretty sure he will get that too. My kid is smart. Have I told you that I think he know's his ABC's? I mean he won't sing them by himself, but if I sing them, he will sing with me, and if I stop mid song, he knows the letter that comes next! Genius I tell ya. We won't talk about how he likes to count backwords. Nope. I'm sure he's just doing that to be funny! Also, he loves to sing the B-I-B-L-E and shout the word Bible. That's right. I'm indoctrinating my kid into early childhood Baptist songs at the earliest age possible. Next we'll work on I am a C-H, I am a C-H, I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N. :-)

That's all for now. I'll post some pictures soon!

No comments: