Friday, June 12, 2009

Six Unimportant Things that Make me Happy

I've been tagged by my new favorite blogger...Lona (Yes, I'm THAT mommy) ...seriously this chica is so flippin' funny that I find myself just waiting expectantly for her to update and write something new! You have to go over and check her out. You won't be disappointed!

Anyways, without further ado...more things to read about me that will really change your life and bring you much excitement. I'm sure...I mean, I just took a facebook quiz that said I'm really popular and exciting. And if its on facebook, you know it must be true! Here ya go!

The Rules:
* List Six Unimportant Things That Make You Happy
* Mention and link to the person who tagged you
* Tag six of your favorite bloggers to play along
{and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been tagged}

(on a side note, the rules are to list UNIMPORTANT things...lest you think that my child, my husband and my family don't bring me lots of happiness)

1. Sleeping. I really, really wish that this wasn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think of happiness, but it is. I LOVE sleep. God spoiled me by giving me a baby that slept through the night at 4 months, and continued to nap and sleep well at night to this very day. I shudder to think what my next child might do to disrupt my very precious and coveted sleep. On most of my days off, I still take naps when Owen does. They are just too wonderful to give up.

2. Sweet Tea. I don't do life very well without it. I have always been a drinker (of the non-alcoholic kind), and sweet tea has moved right up to the top. I tried to give it up for awhile, and had SOME success, but sweet tea really, truly, honestly makes me really happy.

3. Fall. I LOVE fall. I love leaves, sweaters and sweatshirts, hot chocolate, football and soccer games, pumpkins, fallish smelling candles, pumpkin bread, Halloween....and wow. I could go on and on and on. I wait all year for fall. This is no secret to anyone who knows me well. There is no way that I could permanately live in a state that didn't have fall. I would probably get that seasonal affective disorder...except in reverse. I heart chilly weather and sometimes even gloomy days. Weird, I know.

4. Late Afternoon sun. I love, love late afternoon sun. I'm not a big fan of roast your skin of 12:00-3:00 sun....I like the gentler heart -warming, all over body soothing 4:00-7:00 sun. I don't get to lay out at the pool as much as I used to, but when I do...this is my favorite part of the day.

5. Pedicures. Having nice looking feet makes me really happy. It's a small indulgence I haven't been able to give up since having Owen. I try and stretch them out to every two months, but usually cave and get one by at least then.

6. James Taylor, The Bee Gees, The Eagles, REO Speedwagon, Chicago, etc, etc.....I was supposed to be born in a different decade I think. Yep, I love lite rock. Oh gosh, how incredibly embarassing to admit, but I would much rather listen to my parents music than the pop music of today. (my husband is somewhere shaking his head in disapproval right now...he so makes fun of me for my love of all things lite rock!) Anyways, good music makes me really, really happy. :-)

So, now I'm supposed to tag six of my blogging friends...which won't be hard,because I don't have that many! Here ya go!

Corinne at May you live all the days of your life
Missy at The Life in My Years
Erin at It's Your Movie
Kristy at Boothbloggers
Heather at Me and those Gross boys
Gretchen at Considering it all Joy

1 comment:

swonderful said...

I loved reading this and am going to try to play along some time this week!