Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thoughts of the morning

“From the ends of the earth I call to You, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I” Psalm 61:2

I shared this verse this morning with a friend who has been struggling.... how this verse has brought life to me! Praise Jesus that HE is higher than I! What would I do if my help and my source of strength ended with me? I would be in such big trouble!
No matter what...I have a constant...an ever present help in trouble....when I don't have the answers, the strength, the courage, the grace...HE DOES; AND he loves me and cares for my soul more than any other person ever could! Today...this morning, that truth means so much to me.

In lighter news; Owen is doing the cutest thing. Are you surprised? :-)
We have this cd of Bible versesongs that my mom made for me...these are songs that I grew up on; actually I credit this album of songs with a lot of my scripture memory! When I went to Grace and was in Old and New Testament classes scripture memory was part of our test grade...and I swear I knew most of the verses becauses of these songs that my mom would play over and over for us in the car! So...my mom generously had these tapes converted into cds that I could play in the car for Owen. He loves them. ANYWAYS, one of the songs is "The Joy of the Lord is my Strength" and at one point one of the verses drops the words ("He gives me living water and I thirst no more") and instead the kids sing "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha" (you get the idea!) So the other day we were driving and this song was playing...and all of the sudden from the back seat we hear Owen saying "ha ha ha ha ha". OH MY GOODNESS! THE cutest thing ever! Moments like these make me want to freeze time and never let my sweet little guy get one single day older! I love this age!

Well, I need to get going. Exciting times here at work today. The Department of Ophthalmology is breaking ground on our new Eye Institute Building. All of the staff and faculty (yes, even unimportant little surgery scheduler me) gets to go to the ground breaking ceremonies...so here I go! Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

How enouraging that verse is! Thanks for reminding me of it today. Praise God that it doesn't end with us! And that this too ends in joy!! (remember that?)
Anywho, I know exactly that song you are talking about and can only imagine how adorable it was to hear that from your baby!
We need to get together-I miss you!@