Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hello...

So, I know I haven't put more pictures on yet. I'm sorry. I haven't forgotten, our computer is just very very slow and it takes forever to load them on. I will get to it...promise!
So, what have we been up to? Not much during the week...its been great! I've been cooking up a storm (we needed some good home cooking after too many meals at the concession stands!) and having a great time trading recipes with my friend Heather! I think together...we may have a fantastic collection or recipes!
This past week was Josh's fall break. Josh borrowed the Nintendo Wii from his school over break and we had a fantastic time playing...and throwing out our shoulder from too much tennis. As soon as we come into an extra couple hundred dollars...it very well could be our next purchase:-)
Josh and I went to Brown County (Nashville) on Saturday and spent a couple of hours walking around (doing a little Christmas shopping) and then headed to the Outlets in Edinburgh ( a little more Christmas shopping ). It was a fun day which ended with a birthday party for our little friend Kate Hassenzahl.
On Sunday I got to meet up with a bunch of friends from my women's bible study and we all went to Beef and Boards to see the Sound of Music! It was a great time...especially since I LOVE the sound of music. I'm sure my parents could tell you that between that and Annie our house was pretty much filled with musicals when I was a child! Anyways, it was so much fun except for the way the stage preformances are different from the movies...um...they sang "My favorite things" in the beginning scene when Maria is meeting with the Nuns! WHAT! So wrong! :-)
We tried to enjoy a bonfire with the Brown's on Sunday evening after our small groups, but the wind was INSANE and Owen had had it with being outside so we headed home. So much for hotdogs and smores...maybe next time! :-)
So, I'm getting through my work week and looking forward to our big Halloween party on Friday (in which Owen will be extremely cute in the event that he chooses to actually keep his costume ON) :-) and Sunday night Josh and I get to go to the Colts/Patriots game....which I was hoping would be lots of fun, but in light of the very sad way they have been playing...it could just make for a long, rough night! Either way...we'll get to go to the new stadium! FUN!
Anyways...better go. Hope you are all well, and I know the lack of comments doesn't mean that you don't LOVE ME! :-) Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Misty said...

We have a Wii and I tell you we love it..You know if we get one we can play each other we just need to have the same game. Owen is so darn cute and is getting so big. I love reading you blogs and getting caught up with what the Brown's are doing. I am going to have to let Dave know that you are doing to a game. He will be SO jealous...I hope it is a good on. We love and miss you lots. Hopefully we can see each other over the holidays.

Heather said...

We've talked about getting a Wii, also. They are so fun. And just wait till our kids get bigger--we'll have to fight to get a turn! :) I totally agree about our recipe collection. I'm starting my own notebook/binder like the one Josh made for you. I typed all my favorite recipes for two of my friends that got married this last year and I've printed off yours as you've given them to me. Now I just need to organize my papers and get them in a binder. Which dinner did you end up having tonight?