Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Changes...and Goodbye to Xanga :-)

I've been thinking a lot about changes today. Changes that need to be made in my own life and changes I've noticed that are happening all around me. I suppose I'm powerless to stop how fast life moves....how quickly our comfortable lives can be changed in a moment....how life doesn't really ask me if I want something new or not. Change is inevitable; and I must learn how navigate them and then continue to live well! (I'm trying!) :-)

The beginning of a new school year will always mark a time in my life that signals something new is coming. It doesn't matter that I'm not a student anymore. Its the feeling in the air...the change of activity. Actually, I welcome it. Yesterday Owen and I decided to go shopping. I bought new clothes...I haven't done this in a long time! I've found that I'm much more interested in buying Owen clothes and stuff for our home that I think I've neglected myself. (not terribly of course, but somewhat maybe) I first noticed this when Josh (the most un-fashion conscious person you will ever meet) asked me when the last time I had worn a pair of jeans was. Honest answer? I have no idea. I've been living in about two pairs of dressy capris for the last several months. So I came home with new jeans, new cargo khakis and a couple of new tops...and it feels really good. Something about new clothes....they just make you feel....good (profound, huh?)
I'm also taking a stand against laziness. Yep. I've been incredibly lazy this summer. In keeping up my house, cooking, my devotions, my friendships, watching too much tv and not taking advantage of the crazy expensive membership at Healthplex that I keep. This all is changing. I'm enrolling in a women's study at church, joining a zumba class at healthplex, making menus for meals during the week and comitting to eating better, being more active with Owen and being intentional with relationships that need maintaining.
So I'm moving on. Its a new season, a new time of life and I'm resolving to do better. To play more with Owen and care less about whether my laundry is done; To embrace new friendships and cultivate stronger relationships through those that are in my life and can bring encouragement to my journey; to be intentional about my relationship with Jesus with hopes that pursuing a relationship with him will not only permeate my own life but will overflow into the life of my husband and son.
Thats about all I have to say about that! But with all this change...I've decided to make another one:
I've decided to make the move....the move to blogspot that is.
This decision has been made for many reasons, a couple I will highlight here:
1. I don't think anyone...and I really mean ANYONE reads my xangas anymore (which brings me to the question...why am I writing this post at all? Well, I felt I owed it to xanga. It has been so good to me)
2. Blogspot is much more user friendly and I think our families will have an easier time navigating it
3. Josh and I are going to do a combined family blog. He will write some, I will write some. We won't have to do things so separately anymore.
So...in the spirit of starting something new, I invite you to follow me/us to our new place of blogging. I think you'll fnid it quite lovely. http://brownsonvicksburg.blogspot.com/
So...goodbye dear xanga. And thanks to everyone who has encouraged me and helped me on my way to this point...I hope you'll continue to read at our new place.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ahh, friend...so many of the things you wrote are an echo of my heart. The things that you are wanting to work on and improve in--I am striving to grow in those same ways. I'll be praying for you! And I like the new blog! :)

Christie said...

I'm feeling much the same...I let certain things slide during my pregnancy, and I don't really regret it, but I'm ready to get back to things like waking early and starting my day in the Word and blogging and getting back on a routine for housecleaning. It's the beginning of life as mom of three. A fresh start. (=
Welcome to blogspot! I also have a blog at http://earlymorningmusings.blogspot .com where I blog a LITTLE more frequently than on Xanga, though it's less personal...I don't use names. (= I'll be sure to visit here from now on...
~Christie

Indy Gretchen said...

Well done Kimmie! I'm inspired!