Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wesley is Two :)



Our middle boy (to be)  turned two on 10.9.12 :) We had an "intimate" gathering of family at our house to celebrate his day and I think he had fun. Spiderman is the person of interest at this point in his life. This is no doubt due to influence from his older brother. He also likes trains. Grandma Anita did a great job of combining both worlds on a cake. Spiderman on top, a train on the side. Kudos Grandma, kudos. I've kind of been telling people that Wesley is two for quite awhile now. It seemed easier than "almost two" or 21/22/23 months. So, it really wasn't a surprise when he actually TURNED TWO :)
We love this boy! He's fun, wild and sweet. He's crazy, passionate and loving...all depending on what mood strikes him! Its hard to believe he will be a big brother in a few months. 

Here are some currents..

Likes: Yogurt, cheese-sticks, whole apples, waffles and cereal. Also, spiderman, trains, cars, guns and playing outside with his brother. 
Dislikes: Being put down for a nap (but still sleeps after a fight for 2-2.5 hours), being fastened in his carseat, being told "no",  and currently...any vegetable (except for the night he ate nearly an entire pan of green beans). 
Says: "dat doin?" (what are you doing?), "was dat?!" (whats that?) "Oh" (for "yes") "Beeee" (for please), "O" for Owen...and several other words that seem normal for a two year old (Mom, Dad, car, cup, um..."piderman".. :), rain, "me!" :), ....those are the top ones that I hear on a semi-daily basis)
As I reflect on Wesley's life so far, I can't help but go back to God's goodness to me in what I had hopes for in terms of his babyhood. This is the baby that allowed me to experience labor and childbirth without a whole bunch of drugs. This is the baby that nursed easily for nearly a whole year. This is the baby that let me experience so much of what I wanted to experience that I didn't get to with Owen. I'm so thankful for that. I thought he was my last so I was capitalizing on those experiences. God had other plans and we'll see what baby boy #3 brings us, but at the end of the day I'm so grateful for what God has given me through Wesley. Babyhood is truly behind us with him and the real work of parenting, directing and pointing towards Jesus begins! Bring on the (more) crazy...bring on the hard and the easy. He is worth it! :)












No comments: