Thursday, August 16, 2012

Owen goes to Kindergarten :)



Owen started (full day!) Kindergarten on August 2, 2012 :)

School: Reagan Elementary 
Teacher: Miss Estes

So far, its going really well. I can't believe that he is gone from me every day, M-F, ALL DAY. I didn't really have the opportunity to consider whether or not we wanted to do 1/2 day kindergarten or full day, because Brownsburg just does full day. Unless we wanted to do private school, full day it was. So...for Owen, its going well. I have my doubts about how well Wesley would do someday with full day. We might be making a different choice for him when it comes to kindergarten. We shall see (we have time :))
Today, for the first time, he took the bus to school! He was so excited! His sweet teacher was kind enough to e-mail me and tell me he had made it safely to school. Shew! Hard to watch your little five year old load the bus with all the big kids, but he was so proud of himself! Its also only a 6 minute ride to school and the drop off is at our house. Pretty convenient. And...I can stay in my pajamas and not leave the house to have my child at school? Hmm. I could get used to this. :)
He has little exercises to work on in his homework binder a few times a week, and so far he has learned to count by 10's (I thought I had taught him this because we started working on it this summer, but he assures me it wasn't me, it was at school. Ok. Whatev :)), and he  has learned some new sight words (in addition to the ones he already knew from preschool). He has also bought his lunch at school a few times (I can't even imagine the cuteness!) and his favorite thing so far seems to be playing at recess, seeing Aunt Rachel (first grade teacher at Reagan) and computer lab. 
We are pretty proud of our big boy! Its going to be a fun year!


(Wes had to be a picture too, of course!) 

No comments: