Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I think I forgot...






to do an "Eight Months" post for Wes.
Wes was eight months on 6.9
His eighth month has brought him (and us):

-two bottom front teeth
-successful scooting
-much more interaction between baby and others
-emotions. Shew. Can we say BI-POLAR!? This baby is as sweet as can be one minute and clenching his fists in anger with ear piercing screams the next. Yes. He's going to be an interesting toddler. He is well equipped with red-headed passion.
-He eats almost all food well. He does not care for yogurt. He still nurses...right now our nursing schedule is really weird. I thought we were getting into a consistent nursing of morning-afternoon-night, but yesterday he nursed a lot more than that. Whatever. Since day 1 I've decided that I will nurse him on demand. Its always worked and (knock on wood) I haven't had a single nursing problem with him. No mastitis, no plugged ducts, no thrush, no weight issues, no supply issues. Nada. Its how I always imagined it could be. Your baby is hungry, you nurse him-voila. Perfect. So, I refuse to rock the boat, although I do plan to wean him or at least only nurse at night by the time he is 1. (That all is probably more than you wanted to know. Sorry bout your luck on that one. This is like my journal :))
-Weight is nearly 17 lbs (I took him to the Pediatrician yesterday for an ear check because he's been tugging on them--his ears were clear and they weighed him which is the only reason I know how much he weighs. They didn't measure him so I'm not sure how "tall" he is at this point.)
-He loves: baths, cheerios, mum-mums (rice cake type snacks for babies), his brother, his momma and daddy and.... ATTENTION!
-He hates: being changed, (clothes, diapers..he hates them both equally), being left in the nursery at church, NOT being paid attention to, and socks.

Love my red-headed bubby. He's going to keep me on my toes, I can feel it :)

No comments: