Tuesday, September 28, 2010

No News!

Really no news to report! I'm closing in on 39 weeks and while I feel like I'm knocking on the door of miserable(in a happy and blessed kind of way :-)),my OB confirmed Friday that nothing is really going on. OK! I've been walking....and walking.....and walking....and doing other interesting things that have been said to help your body get into the groove for labor....and...I'm just concentrating on NOT stressing about it! Babies are born when babies are ready to be born. (barring medical emergencies/complications in which other measures should be taken OF COURSE). You could pray with me that I don't make it to 41 weeks and find myself STILL pregnant in which case.... its office policy for my Dr. to schedule an induction. I'm not up for a fight! But I'm also still very not excited about using pitocin again. It just wasn't good for ME. (others have different/wonderful experiences and I'm glad for them!)

Outside of baby news, we have been busy, busy, busy with soccer stuff for Josh, church stuff and this past weekend we celebrated my brother's (Curt) completion of his masters degree by going out to dinner as a family at Fogo De Chao (Brazillian Steakhouse). Here is a picture! So proud of my baby brother...he is pretty awesome.

I've been working half days at the office (on my scheduled days to work) since the middle of last week...and tomorrow is officially my last day! WOW! I can't believe that I'm really going to be out of the working world for awhile. Its very surreal. And weird. And usually a good feeling, but sometimes I worry about how its going to fit me...being home all the time. :-) I know its good, it just feels strange! I'll need to be a bit more disciplined on having intentional scheduled time every day (after we survive the newborn stage, that is!)

Well, thats about it....my next post will have baby news! I can't imagine that I will have anything interesting to say in between now and then!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2,11a There is an appointed time for everything- and there is a time for every event under heaven. A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what has been planted....v.11 He has made everything beautiful in HIS time.

2 comments:

Missy said...

look at Curty Baby all dressed up!
Cutie pie :) Fago De Chao was on the cooking channel the other day. It looked amazing.

Praising God for your newest addition.
Can't wait to see him/her

The Brown Family Blog said...

Hi Kim, Thanks for the blog update and the information.

I share your feelings about pitocin, babies have their own timetable, and usually don`t need urging. I appreciated your Bible quote, and believe it is very fitting for your situation!!

Any thoughts on what will be needed for the new addition? Also, could use ideas for Christmas, if you have any thoughts about it. I don1t even like to think about summer being over already, I really dread winter.


Take care!! I love you so very MUCH!! Grandma B.