Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A little bit of cuteness....



Oh baby....we are excited to meet you. Last Sunday at our small groups my sweet girl friends prayed for you. And me. They prayed that it would be easy :-) They prayed you would be a good sleeper, a good nurser, healthy and happy. I'm on board with all of that! But more than anything I'm just happy that you are coming and that I get to do this all at least one more time. If you are my last baby, then I am more blessed than many, many people. I do not deserve you, I am not entitled to you...but I am blessed to take care of you for a few years and I promise to do my best to do not wish away the hard days, because the days are so, so short.

I just got done reading Marissa Sharbaugh's blog and she really encouraged me. Oh boy...do I want it easy. I identify a lot with a recent entry she wrote titled "Idols of the Heart." But I've come to know that easy doesn't cause me to grow, to change or to be pushed to follow any harder after my Savior...it causes me to be smug, and confident and arrogant in who I am in myself. So...God...give me whatever it is you need to give me to grow me into a mother who is nothing but a complete failure apart from Your grace. I trust You enough to say that! Thanks one more time...for the chance to do pregnancy, in all of its glory and not so glorious days...its such a sweet thing. Thank you. We can't wait to see who you have waiting to meet us.

1 comment:

Boothbloggers said...

tears....so sweet.so true.Amen.