Friday, June 11, 2010

Am I not blessed?

Its 95 degrees with a thousand percent humidity here in Indianapolis today. My fingers are swollen. My feet are swollen. I'm finding new varicose/spider veins every day. My belly is as big as it ever was when I was pregnant with Owen....and I have more than three months to go! I can't sleep for more than three hours at a time and I feel like I'm turning into an insomniac! I'm currently doing the single parent thing because Josh is gone to Mexico until next Wednesday with kids from youth group. My cell phone (my only phone) has died forever. I'm waging war between Verizon Wireless because the phone that I paid to have shipped to me over night hasn't been delivered. They seem helpless to HELP ME. (thankfully a good friend has an extra cell phone that she has let me borrow in the time being!) I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all life is offering me at the moment. Insurance issues to figure out. Discipline to be consistent with. An every growing belly, leg cramps, heartburn and sugars to watch and be disciplined about....just feeling like its all a little much!

Today Owen and I ran into the grocery store to pick up a few things. It was late in the afternoon, nap time was approaching and Owen was on his last leg. I needed about four items, so I opted not to get a cart. About 30 seconds into the grocery store Owen started whining for him to carry him. I did so for about a minute but it became too much for me to juggle a pregnant belly, a 3 year old and the groceries I was picking up. By the time we had checked out, I had a crying little boy, four groceries bags in my hand and I was....sweating. As we exited the grocery store, we passed a sweet looking elderly woman sitting on a bench near the exited. She looked at me with sympathy, patted my back on the way out and said these words...."are you not blessed?!". Geesh. Indeed I am. If I stopped to count the ways God has blessed me and covered my life in grace and blessing....I would spend hours.....and probably more.

My child(ren) are my greatest joy. And, tonight I mourn for some church friends who were waiting to take home their newly adopted daughter when the birth mother changed her mind. Praying that Jesus will be close to them right now!

I love it that it seems like God puts just the right people in my path to turn my pity party around and remind me of what a wonderful life I have. Just wanted to share. If I never do anything big with my life..if I only manage to live a small, simple life...I know that I have everything I ever dreamed of. I am a wife and I am a mother. And for this, I thank God and ask him to keep me mindful of all that I have.

Thank you for this:


2 comments:

JO said...

tears in my eyes....well said kim! Love you and love your heart! God bless you (and the Dudecks!!!)

Jessica said...

You are blessed! Sometimes we need the gentle reminder don't we?

PS-I think your "no sleep" is wearing off on me, all of a sudden I'm not sleeping well again. :) Only a bit longer for me though-hope you get some relief soon!