Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm a bad blogger

Since I've written, Josh has turned 30 (yikes!) and I turned 29. Here are birthday pictures:



We also got really excited to watch the Colt's/Saint's Super Bowl game. We were not prepared to loose! (still sad, still love our guys in Blue! :-))



That's about the extent of HAPPY things that have been happening in our house lately! We have all THREE gone through the flu, Owen has had his first experience with ear infections (and the antibiotic augmentin-which went terribly), and over the weekend I wound up in the urgent care with strep throat! Lovely! I'm ready for this winter to DIE....and the snow...well, for being a cold weather fan for the most part....I am OVER IT! We've all been to sick to enjoy it (play in it) and it just means longer commutes to work and ice-y driveways! COME ON SPRING! :-)
Ok. I will try to be a little more positive. There are a few more good things. Like:

1. Owen is 90% potty trained. I say 90% because he is completely accident free all of the time...BUT...he won't go #2 in the potty at all. He waits all day until I put a diaper on him at night. Lovely. I'm trying to be creative in how I address this and try and help him accomplish complete sucess. Otherwise, I'm thrilled that he has no problems throughout the day.
2. We made a fun (short) weekend trip to Xenia, OH to visit our friends, the Gross Family. The boys had a great time playing together (all five of them!) , Heather and I got to hit the outlet mall, and to end out our trip we got to visit Curt (who lives in Dayton) for dinner at Chili's.
3. Youth Group has been going really well, and I've been learning a lot from a series our youth pastor (Don) has done called: Modesty, Making Out and Marriage! Love it :-) It's been so good. Even though I am an old married woman, God has been teaching me some awesome things about purity. Its been good to re-visit that. I have a post in the making with some key points that I've taken away from the series.
4. I'm leaving for a girls-weekend trip to Santa Monica, California in about three weeks! Whoo hoo! Bring on the sun and the OCEAN! I can't wait! I do have to leave my boys, but it is just a long four day weekend, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

That's about it for now! We are all on the mend...trying to stay warm and healthy! It's tough! I hope to be back blogging about something meaningful soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your family feels better soon!! We went through some similar sicknesses with colds and sore throats and stuffy heads about a week ago. We're just now getting over them!! I'm with you-come on Spring-let's end this winter. I'm tired of being cold all the time and I'm REALLY tired of shoveling my driveway and sidewalks. If the town didn't make us shovel our sidewalks I would never do it and I'd just floor it into my driveway and let the snow get as high as it wanted. Again, hope you guys feel better soon-just think of your trip to Cali soon-that'd make me feel better! :)

Jessica