Monday, August 10, 2009

Not me Mondays!



Ok. So I've gotten out of the habit of doing this, but I'm going to try again....because its really fun! Actually, its more fun to read about what other people and other people's kids have "NOT DONE", but you know.....I guess I should be brave and do it too. So. Here we go!

1. On Saturday evening I started to have an arthritis flare up, SO....on Sunday morning I totally DID NOT take a vicodin that was two years old (given to me by my OBGYN for my heroic efforts in childbirth) and think I would be completely fine to go about my day. The vicodin did NOT make me deathly ill and I certainly did NOT spend the day moaning and groaning in my bed about how sick I felt. My arthritis flare up? Totally gone. The effects of the seriously questionable vicodin I took? Still lingering today.....oh well! LIVE AND LEARN and BE SMARTER!

2. I did NOT make a big grocery shopping trip with Owen on Saturday in which I DID NOT forget something that I've had on my list for like five weeks. Salt. Seriously we have NO salt in our house and for some reason I just can't see it on my list or I can't remember it for the life of me when I have no list. Our food is (NOT!) :-) very bland lately! Also, I DID NOT forget the salt and I also DID NOT come home with at least ten items that weren't even on my list. Like doritos and chocolate milk. I mean I would never keep junk food like that in my house....and I definitely DID not just eat doritios with my lunch today! Nope! I don't even like the cheesey goodness of a dorito! NOT ME!

3. On Sunday, when I was gorked out on vicodin, I definitely did NOT choose to ignore my two year old who had wandered into our bedroom/ master bathroom and thought it would be fun to flush the toilet 200 times. I was in between consciousness and I definitely did not keep thinking "Josh is in charge, he will come in and see what Owen is doing. I can just lay here and take no responsibility to whatever happens". Nope. I'm always a responsible mother, even when gorked out on narcotics.

4. Lastly, (barely managing to recover from my date with vicodin for our kick off leaders meeting for Senior High Youth Group last night) I did NOT of my own free will steal baby Luke from his mother, Emily, and proceed to smell his sweet baby head and rock back and forth with him like a crazy person who has never held a baby before and because Luke is super tiny and petite (and I mean NOT super tiny and petite) I did NOT nearly throw out my back and cramp up my arm by holding him for ten minutes. No, fifteen. It was definitely AT LEAST fifteen minutes and I am certainly not a wimp. Shew. Good thing spinning class starts back for me this week! I definitely DON'T need to bufff up!

3 comments:

TxMissie said...

Hi just hopped over via the blog hop.I am sorry about the RA flare they suck badly

Anonymous said...

I guess the expiration dates really do matter! I did the same thing a few years ago with some Lortab I had from 2000, when I had my wisdom teeth removed.

Of course, this was liquid, and it only stayed inside me about seven minutes.

I hope you're feeling better!

Jen Holt said...

i randomly clicked on your blog from mkmama's blog and i post say i was smiling and lauging at your "not me's" i think you have inspired me to post mine...
thanks for a smile!