Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm thyroid-less!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to update with a quick post----
I had my thyroid surgery on Friday, July 17 and everything went really well. I was actually in surgery for a bit longer than I anticipated....evidently the scar tissue surrounding the left side of my thyroid was a bit hard to get around and Dr. Miskulin had to spend a little bit longer digging around, but eventually she was successful. Coming out of the anesthesia was the hardest part for me....I woke up in recovery really hot and sick to my stomach. The nice nurses covered me in ice packs and gave me some zofran....it took me a bit to come out of my sleepy grogginess, but I was able to be discharged from the hospital around 8:00 PM Friday night. I spent Friday night and all day Saturday being very sore and extra raspy voiced....and today has been a bit rough as I've run a low fever, had some signifigant swelling and been pretty dizzy....BUT the good news is that its getting easier to swallow and the pain is certainly lessening. I'm looking forward to feeling better each day!
In the meantime, I've been really blessed by so many friends and family that have been willing to help with everything from brining us meals to helping us take care of Owen. So thankful for friends/family and the community of believers that have come to our side to help us out!
Anyways...I knew a lot of you were wondering, so I wanted to give a quick update. Thanks for your prayers....well wishes....and love! I anticipate that I'll be back to "normal" (whatever that is!) by the end of the week :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!