Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm a bad mother and a worse blogger!

Noah is 4.5 months old. I haven't done a single update on him in the blog world, or really in any world that involves record keeping. Ugh. Poor, neglected third baby.

I'm going to attempt to record some of the things going on in his life and summarize weight gain and growth! Ha!

Here is what I know to be true: (I think)

1. Noah was 5 lbs 14 oz 19.5 inches at birth
2. Noah was 11 lbs 2 oz 22 inches long at his 2 month check up (Pediatrician really happy with growth)
3. Noah was 13 lbs .6 oz and 24 inches long at his four month check up. (Pediatrician (who was not our regular Pediatrician because she's on maternity leave) less than happy with weight but not concerned yet....I pay no attention to being "less than happy" with weight when my babies are gaining weight. He's fine :))
4. We did his two month vaccines around 3 months because of sickness and bad weather. We did DTAP and HIB. We did not do Hep B or Rotavirus. I could go into all the reasons why I chose not to do them, but honestly I have laundry to do and I don't have the energy to talk about my thoughts on vaccines :) Not today anyways.
5. Noah hates bottles. Won't really take them. (Josh can get him to take an ounce here or there if he feeds him the bottle laying on his side like he is nursing.) This started around age 2.5 months. Maybe a little before. Just started refusing them one day. Excellent. Therefore, he hasn't had a drop of anything but breast milk since around 2.5 months. I'm "supposed to" wean him completely from the breast by the time he is six months old so I can take methotrexate for my RA which has been giving me too many problems to justify not going on a better drug that should really help me. Therefore, I need to really be working harder on getting him to love bottles and start convincing him that formula is not poison. Wish us luck.
6. Noah started sleeping through then night at about 15-16 weeks. I think. At first it was around 7 hours, then 8...and most recently it was 10-12 hours for about four weeks straight. Just a few days ago he started waking up again around 3 or 4 AM. Its the five month sleep regression, I think. Wesley did it. It doesn't last long. If he isn't waking up multiple times at night and going right back to sleep after nursing at 4 am, I'm ok with it.
7. He started smiling around the third week of March. It seemed a little late to me, but whatever :) He is now all smiles all the time. Except for a few short bouts of fussiness during the day and unfortunately a consistent fussy time in the evening that can last about an hour. He has almost laughed. You could maybe count it as a laugh. It was really close.
8. He likes to stand up. (supported of course) Thinks he is big stuff. Holds his head up really well and looks all around.
9. Loves to see his brothers. Seems to prefer Owen. HA! :)
10. LOVES ME. Is ok with his father :)
11. Is squishy and cuddly and all things sweet baby... and this is the end of the true baby-baby stage right now...its about to be over...soon he'll be moving and distracted when eating and all the really constant quiet baby moments will be over. I have loved them. I am grateful to have been able to do it all ONE. MORE. TIME.
12. Is not a big fan of his carseat, but will mostly sleep in the car once he gets his anger out about being in said carseat.
13. Has had no solids yet. I plan to do baby-led-weaning again. No cereals. We'll hopefully start with avocados, bananas, sweet potato wedges, etc....when he is sitting unsupported and the tongue thrust factor is gone...those are the signs I wait for to determine solid readiness. Still holding tight to the motto "under one, just for fun" on solids!
14. He is teething. Without a doubt. Sucks and gnaws on his hands and clamps when nursing...and DROOLS like a feign. He is my earliest teether for sure.
15. He is still a big spitter. Has been since birth. Doesn't seem to bother him. No pain associated with it. We tried zantac and it didn't really make a difference. I'm still hoping it will taper down. I guess it has a little...but not a whole bunch.

What am I missing? Oh, pictures maybe? Am I supposed to be taking those? I do. I take them on my iPhone. I need to download them onto the computer which I have oodles of time for. Here. Stand by. If you see pictures. I made it happen. If you don't, its because Josh is gone and I forgot how to do it or couldn't find the cable.

There you have it. We love Noah. Love him. EVEN JOSH! We are glad he is ours! Three boys! Cheers to us! I won't be bored for a really long time!


                                                                      (3.5 weeks)


(1.5-2ish months?) :)


                                                                     (2.5 months-ish) :)

                                                                        (3 months)



                                                                    (3.5 months)


                                                                        (4 months)


No comments: